[Catalyst] catalyst request path and apache rewrites

William Wueppelmann william.wueppelmann at canadiana.ca
Fri Dec 18 20:34:20 GMT 2009

On 2009-12-18, at 2:31 PM, Tomas Doran wrote:

> On 18 Dec 2009, at 19:07, William Wueppelmann wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, but I am already using 5.80016.
>>
>> My suspicion is that the problem actually lies somewhere between apache and fastcgi, but I really don't know. A request for '/' gets mapped to '/foo/bar' and processed correctly, but everything else just gets passed through as-is.
>
> ok, can you hack C::Engine::FastCGI, and use data::dumper or something to dump what %ENV contains when things are getting it wrong, and also get the debug dump screen's dumped Catalyst::Request object?
>
> That's enough info to be able to work out what's being presented to Catalyst by FCGI, and what Catalyst is doing with it..

If I dump %env right after

while ( $request->Accept >= 0 ) {

it shows that $env{REQUEST_URI} contains the original request path, and not the one re-written by Apache. If I manually alter it at that point (e.g. $env{REQUEST_URI} = "/foo/bar" . $env{REQUEST_URI}) it does what I want it to. So it looks like my problem is likely related to FCGI.pm or apache not doing what I would have naively expected them to do.

Guess I'll go poke around in FCGI.pm and see what it is getting from Apache.

Thanks for the pointer!

-William