[Catalyst] Deploying with apache/fastcgi

David Schmidt davewood at gmx.at
Sat Dec 19 10:38:29 GMT 2009

Hello list

I followed the deployment instructions in the cat book to run my app
on apache2 with fastcgi. I do get a 500 internal error msg and the
appache error log says:

[Sat Dec 19 10:25:47 2009] [error] [client 78.142.165.159] FastCGI:
incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server
"/var/www/MyApp/script/myapp_fastcgi.pl"

I copied the apache config from another cat app (I cant get ahold of
the other developer but will report back here once I talked to him)
that is running smoothly already and checked against the cat book.

I installed apache2/fastcgi through the debian package system with
aptitude install apache2 libapache2-mod-fastcgi

Here is my apache2 config:
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName myapp.at
    ServerAdmin david at myapp.at

    DocumentRoot /var/www/MyApp/root/
    <Directory /var/www/MyApp/root/>
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </Directory>

   Alias /static /var/www/MyApp/root/static

   FastCgiServer /var/www/MyApp/script/myapp_fastcgi.pl -processes 3
   Alias / /var/www/MyApp/script/myapp_fastcgi.pl/

    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/myapp.at.error.log

    # alert, emerg.
    LogLevel warn

    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/myapp.at.access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

Any help is appreciated

david