[Catalyst] C::P::Authentication, force user authentication

Ben van Staveren benvanstaveren at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 08:42:40 GMT 2009

>>> I.e. It is very much relying on an implementation detail which I/we can
>>> and _will_ feel free to change at our leisure if needed.
>> Correct :) Like I said it's something I use in one spot, and I'm fully aware
>> of the fact that it will break sooner or later, but for now it was the
>> "quick" way to get the result I wanted.
> But if I had to choose between your hack and using

> $c->set_authenticated( $user, $realmname )
> (given that it works, never tested it)
>
> Id go with the latter for at least its documented.

True, also the reason I didn't use it -- setting a user to be
authenticated without any interaction from said user is generally
speaking a bad thing(tm), personally I want to make sure that this bit
of code is in everyone's (well, okay, 3 people that work on it) mind as
being "out of place" and in need of fixing.

Odd reasoning maybe to do it that way but it works for me :D