[Catalyst] Online "Project Walk-Through" Manual (Was: New Catalyst Book?)

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Wed Feb 11 01:09:11 GMT 2009

Ashley,

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Ashley wrote:

> I'm back working on an online manual which I started a year ago. It's a
> project walk-through from start to finish.

This sounds like just what I'm looking for.  I'm on the fence torn between
going with Catalyst or Rails for a couple of personal projects.  At the
moment my personal website is a mixture of PHP and PSP(Pascal Server
Pages).  Well, it was known as PSP when I tried it out.  I think it's
PWU(Pascal Web Units) now.  A local canine agility club's website that I
act as webmaster for is currently Django based.  Both are fairly basic
right now and I'd like to convert them both to the same framework before
adding any additional functionality.

While I'm excited to hear about the new book, a project walk-through from
start to finish would be more helpful to me at my current newbie level.
Of course, if I go with Catalyst I'd most likely be planning to acquire
the book when it comes out also.

So, if it offers any encouragement to getting the manual online, it might
be just what I need to sway me towards the Catalyst side of the fence.
:-)

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org