[Catalyst] Plugin::Authentication overrides $c->req->user

Daniel Westermann-Clark dwc at pobox.com
Wed Feb 11 20:53:37 GMT 2009

On 2009-02-11 10:06:42 +0100, Rodrigo wrote:
> I'm not familiar with $c->req->user, but isn't REMOTE_USER a header
> you can read with $c->req->header('remote_user'), or whatever header
> name is being passed around?

Some authentication schemes might provide headers containing the
username, but REMOTE_USER is different.  It's not available as a
header.

Regardless, is there a reason it should be a string at first and then
an object?  It's inconsistent and causes a loss of information about
the request.

If no one is using this behavior, I'd be happy to provide patches to
deprecate or remove it.

--
Daniel Westermann-Clark