[Catalyst] RFC & FYI: HTML::FormFu::ExtJS

onken at houseofdesign.de onken at houseofdesign.de
Thu Feb 12 14:47:35 GMT 2009

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:29:37 -0600 (CST), Kevin Monceaux
<Kevin at RawFedDogs.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Moritz Onken wrote:
>
>> There is no difference in the form config file. You simply replace
>> HTML::FormFu->new with HTML::FormFu::ExtJS->new and you are done.
>
> Does anyone have examples of using HTML::FormFu::ExtJS with Catalyst?  Is

> there a Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu::ExtJS plugin anywhere?  I
> couldn't find one on cpan.  I like the look of the HTML::FormFu::ExtJS
> forms, and being able to activate a WYSIWYG textarea editor with just a:
>
>     - type: Textarea
>       attrs_xml:
>         wysiwyg: 1
>
> would be really nice.  I tried unsuccessfully to hack
> Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu to use HTML::FormFu::ExtJS.  It
doesn't
> seem to be quite as simple as replacing HTML::FormFu->new with
> HTML::FormFu::ExtJS->new.

Hi Kevin,

I'm using HTML::FormFu::ExtJS with Catalyst. But I do not use a custom
controller.

My methods look like

sub form : Local {
  my ($self, $c) = shift;
  my $form = new HTML::FormFu::ExtJS;
  $form->load_config_file(...);
  $form->process($c->req);

I'd be glad to have a Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu. You can contact
Carl via the html-formfu mailing list and ask what tweaks are necessary.

What kind of error occur when you replace HTML::FormFu->new with
HTML::FormFu::ExtJS->new in _form?

Cheers,

Moritz