[Catalyst] RFC: The paradox of choice in web development

David Steiner tw03d034 at technikum-wien.at
Fri Feb 13 22:01:35 GMT 2009

Hi there,

here's an interesting article that dandv (from #catalyst) has posted on his
wiki [1]. it explains how TMTOWTDI can be bad for people starting out in
catalyst, and how compareable webframeworks (RoR/Django) deal with this.

[1] http://wiki.dandascalescu.com/essays/paradox-of-choice-in-web-development

i added my comments to the article, suggesting that we step up on the
documentation and marketing! we need to give the layperson a easier ride in
starting out with catalyst. and that requires more tutorials/screencasts,
better official documentation, and more books being written. tell me what you
people think of the article and how we can get catalyst more used and known.

Greetings,
David