[Catalyst] Model Helper and PostgreSql Schemas

Alejandro Imass alejandro.imass at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 16:58:17 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am starting a new project that uses database schemas. The Model
helper script does not pass down parameters to
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader which in turn should pass them down to the
actual DBD implementation in this case,
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBI::Pg which has code like so:

sub _setup {
    my $self = shift;

    $self->next::method(@_);
    $self->{db_schema} ||= 'public';
}

>From the DBIC docs and code, this param can be passed with a hash that
has a key named "loader_options", where I can supposedly set
"db_schema" and should trickle down to the specific driver. But I
really don't know much more at the moment since I've never used the
DBIC::Schema:.Loader outside of Catalyst.

Before I dive further into this and re-invent the wheel, the question
is if anyone here is working with database schemas with Catalyst and
has hacked their own version of the helper script, or perhaps the
helper script actually supports schemas somehow?

Best,
Alejandro Imass