[Catalyst] Authorization header and fastcgi

Ian Docherty catalyst at iandocherty.com
Tue Feb 17 14:50:46 GMT 2009

Hi
The 'Authorization' header is not being passed to my Catalyst application.

I have read the archives about fastcgi not passing the header and I have
tried the following in my Apache 2 config

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.+)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1 [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%1,PT]

FastCgiIpcDir /var/fcgi_ipc
FastCgiServer
/var/www/www.pharmaventures.com/script/pharmaventures_fastcgi.pl
-pass-header HTTP_AUTHORIZATION -pass-header Authorization -processes 5
-initial-env PV_DEBUG=0 -initial-env PV_HBX=1 -initial-env
PV_DSN=dbi:mysql:port=3306:host=127.0.0.1

I don't see a header and I don't see any environment variable in my Cat app.

I have tried variations on the -pass-header Authorization -pass-header
AUTHORIZATION but neither works.

Any other ideas?

Regards
Ian