[Catalyst] RFC: New to Catalyst questions

Rodrigo rodrigolive at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 20:18:24 GMT 2009

> > 3) Walkthrough of creation of a simple app end to end.
>
> Yes please, a full example tutorial is just what we need!

And example apps!

As a Catalyst beginner, I craved example apps the most (I still do!). While
learning, I find it more productive checking out a small example app by both
reading code and doing a run through the interface, rather than big
walkthrough tutorials or pod copy-pasting. Also, tiny apps can easily be
used as quick-starters for your real apps, sorta like the next step up from
Catalyst::Helper modules.

The stuff in the wiki and
http://dev.catalystframework.org/repos/Catalyst/trunk/examples/ may serve as
a starting point. CPAN also hosts some apps, including MojoMojo. And I'm
sure we all have many small test apps laying around we can just tarball and
share.

-rodrigo