[Catalyst] RFC: The paradox of choice in web development

Octavian Râsnita orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 15:29:48 GMT 2009

From: "Matt Pitts" <mpitts at a3its.com>

As someone said it many years ago (but I don't remember who was), Perl is
dead... or something like that was the idea.
With that ocasion came the idea of creating Perl 6 that should be totally
different, but who knows when it will be ready.

A better native OOP support in Perl would be wonderful, but I think those
other ideas about how Perl 6 should look like are more important, like to
have a kind of virtual machine like in DotNet or Java, and to use bytecode
precompiled binaries which are totally portable.

Octavian