[Catalyst] RFC: New to Catalyst questions

Dan Dascalescu ddascalescu+catalyst at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 07:21:13 GMT 2009

Regarding wiki questions:

The Catalyst wiki runs on MojoMojo (http://mojomojo.org), a project
led by Marcus Ramberg. I tend to do a bit of coding too, and more
advocacy and managing ideas. We've set up a feedback board for
MojoMojo at http://mojomojo.ideascale.com/. To join the MojoMojo team,
hang out in #mojomojo on irc.perl.org, or fork mojomojo off github, do
your patch, then submit a pull request.

Rodrigo,
MojoMojo now supports custom styles. A different theme can be seen at
http://nordaaker.no/wiki/. We think the typography needs improvement,
and a Mediawiki-like theme would be very good to have.

Trevor,
The practice so far has been to post articles on the wiki, which then
get corrected by the community, just as it happens with other wikis.
Pretty much everyone agrees that newbies write the best documentation.
If something wrong slips into your article, it will be corrected down
the line. So feel free to dive ahead after having a look at the main
structure and searching the wiki. It's usually faster to go ahead and
fix things, e.g.

> There's also, it seems, a quite extensive Cookbook in the CPAN documentation -
> yet the Wiki doesn't link to it or mention it?

It took less than 30 seconds to add a link to
Catalyst::Manual::Cookbook on the main page.

There is currently no e-mail notification about changes to the wiki,
but this is on the list:
http://mojomojo.ideascale.com/akira/dtd/11563-2416. In the meantime,
there is a list of recent changes at
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/.recent

> Also, I think having a prominent "last modified" date on a Wiki page is a useful indication

Good idea. I just pushed a fix for that. mst will hopefully update
Catwiki to the latest MojoMojo.

HTH,
Dan