[Catalyst] RFC: New to Catalyst questions

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 12:06:35 GMT 2009

From: "Rodrigo" <rodrigolive at gmail.com>
>> First I was not able to install File::NFSLock with cpan, but I found a ppm
>> distribution for it.
>> But I've seen that after doing this, more other cpan modules couldn't be
>> installed, and one of them is Cache::FastMmap which I know that it can't be
>> installed under Windows.
>>

> I switched Cache::FastMmap for Cache::FileCache (in MojoMojo.pm) which seems
> to work fine, but I haven't run a full test suite or used in production. I
> didn't have a problem with File::NFSLock compiling with the latest
> Strawberry version.
>
> -rodrigo

I've just tried to do the same thing using ActivePerl, but without success. Cache::memory can't be installed with cpan, and I also couldn't find a ppm distribution for it.

I don't know if Strawberry can be used with Active State's Perl Developer Kit and I think it might appear some conflicts if I would have 2 perl distributions installed in the same time...

Octavian