[Catalyst] RFC: New to Catalyst questions

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Fri Feb 20 09:13:39 GMT 2009

On 20 Feb 2009, at 01:18, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> What is the "best practices" for Wiki updates?

There isn't one specifically.

> Should new articles be posted to this list first, for discussion, or
> should they be just whacked into the Wiki, then posted here for
> review/deletion?

I'd do the latter, as it doesn't block getting your content out and
editable by a bunch of people. If people don't care - they won't read
your list post, if they do care then it's going to be easier for
everyone to contribute if the text is in the wiki than if you have to
tease apart a mailing list thread of comments and re-post.

Although giving the list  heads up if you add anything significant
that you'd like reviewing is totally cool :)

> Is there an alert/review process for Wiki edits? Is there a core team
> that will be notified of changes/additions, so they can review/delete?

No, there isn't.

> As someone fairly new to Catalyst, I'm happy to contribute, but I'm
> hesitant to jump in & start making changes & additions... Perhaps
> there should be a prominent page on the Wiki on how to best contribute
> to the Wiki?

Well done, you just volunteered to write that page (and some others
if I was hearing right) :)

Cheers
t0m