[Catalyst] Re: Templating languages (was RFC: The paradox of choice in web development)

Byron Young Byron.Young at riverbed.com
Fri Feb 20 21:06:18 GMT 2009

Dermot wrote on 2009-02-20:
> 2009/2/20 Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de>:
>> * Dermot <paikkos at googlemail.com> [2009-02-20 12:15]:
>>> TT is perl. It's not a different language.
>>
>> You're joking, right?
>
> narff. Perhaps written in Perl.
>
>>> It provides familiar methods* like keys, splice, exists and
>>> substr.
>>
>> By that argument, Javascript is Perl.
>  The point is the are familiar functions. There isn't nothing new in it.
> Dp.

Of course there's something new in it: it's different syntax that I have to remember.  I'm already switching between perl and javascript and sql and pod, using TT just adds another syntax for me to potentially bungle.  Not that it's a hard syntax to use, but why bother?  I find using Mason makes the transition from coding a controller to coding a template pretty smooth.

-byron