[Catalyst] New version of InstantCRUD

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 12:14:06 GMT 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Oliver Gorwits
<oliver.gorwits at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Zbigniew,
>
> Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
>> In short  I am open for collaboration - but I found it difficult
>> to express my expectations for the library without writing my own
>> code.
>
> I (author of the ListFramework Builder CRUD - LFB) couldn't agree
> more. All these CRUD systems are lovely and go a great job but it is
> painful to see everyone developing in different directions.
>
> This is what has kept me from working on re-engineering LFB (I've
> done some bug fixes only, in the last six months). I know what needs
> factoring out, where there needs to be an API etc, but to be honest
> I suck at API design, I thought I'd better wait for someone else's
> DBIC API :-)
>

> And as an aside...
>
> At the moment I am happy with the niche LFB fills (i.e. not a
> scaffolder) and am working on a new user interface in something more
> lightweight than ExtJS. It might also get renamed to something like
> Catalyst::Plugin::AutoCRUD (well, or...?).

Have you thought about a REST-like inteface?  What do you think about
http://search.cpan.org/~lsaunders/Catalyst-Controller-DBIC-API-1.001000/lib/Catalyst/Controller/DBIC/API.pm
?  I would like to have something like that but more lightweight and I
am really waiting for the Moose port - so that instead of base
controller or plugin this could be a role.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/