[Catalyst] Building a PAR file

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Fri Feb 27 00:55:12 GMT 2009

Octavian Râşniţă wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried to create a PAR archive from a Catalyst app and I've done:
>
> 1. Put catalyst_par(); in Makefile.PL.
>
> 2. Run perl Makefile.PL
>
> 3. Run nmake catalyst_par
>
> But it gave the following error:
>
> Writing PAR "acces.par"
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'E:\perl510\bin\perl.exe' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
> Do you have any idea what could be the problem? PAR? Catalyst?
>
> Can't a PAR archive of a Catalyst app be built under Windows?

Hi Octavian,
I use PAR to package some apps under Win32, which work fine, so I
thought I'd give it a short with Catalyst as I know the PAR system is
known-good on that win32 VM.

I used cpanplus to install Catalyst::Devel, then ran 'catalyst MyApp',
then added catalyst_par(); to the Makefile, then ran dmake catalyst_par..

I received this error:
Writing PAR "myapp.par"
dmake: Error code 130, while making 'catalyst_par'

Erm. So no, it doesn't seem to work here either.
Tested on Strawberry Perl 5.10, with current stable releases of PAR,
PAR::Packer, Module::ScanDeps, and Catalyst::Devel. (and most of its
dependencies, as most were freshly installed, except for dbic)