[Catalyst] Catalyst on Windows: fork issues

Chris hutchinson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 01:45:23 GMT 2009

> And I put a shortcut to this in ~/startup, Shortcut.exe (free download)
> seems to work.  Here's my install.bat script ;) :

And here's how to create a shortcut in vbs, so you don't need shortcut.exe:
(This creates a link to an access MDE-based app, but the principal applies..)

Set oWS = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
sLinkFile = "C:\app.LNK"
Set oLink = oWS.CreateShortcut(sLinkFile)

oLink.TargetPath = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSAccess.exe"
oLink.Arguments = "/wrkgrp M:\app.mdw C:\app\app.mde"
oLink.Description = "An App"
oLink.WorkingDirectory = "C:\appdir"
oLink.IconLocation = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSAccess.exe, 1"

oLink.Save

- Chris