[Catalyst] CatalystX

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 11:54:37 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Dermot <paikkos at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw a demo of CatX::ListFramework-builder yesterday and I was very impressed.
>
> I'd like to be able to give admin users of a wee app access to
> something similar. The idea is just to give them and me a means of
> looking at the schema.
>
> There are a lot of CatX modules at cpan. Is ListFramwork-builder
> recommanded or are there other modules that are more stable?

ListFramework is focused on the task of providing such an admin
interface - so I guess out of the many other Catalyst CRUD frameworks
it must really excel at that.  But if you were looking rather for a
scaffolding (i.e. something that builds a *template* CRUD application
- which you can later modify to adjust to your needs) - then you could
have a look at mine Catalyst::Example::InstantCRUD that I've just
released in the 0.0.29 version (the new thing in this version is
handling text semantic and UTF-8 in output).

In general the authoritative page on Catalyst CRUDs is:
http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/crud

Cheers,
Zbigniew

--