[Catalyst] Large static files behind Authorisation

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sun Jan 4 12:34:51 GMT 2009

On 4 Jan 2009, at 11:09, Nickolay Platonov wrote:

> Thats strange, because as I know default template (actually default
> View) is applying only if the response body is empty..

Actually, you're totally correct - in this situation (if you call
serve_static_file), then you *do not* have to manually avoid the
default RenderView action. Apologies for the disinformation.

I was thinking of a different case, where you manually call $c->write
to send body contents. As there isn't a response body setup (as
you've just written directly to the output), then this can confuse
RenderView as you don't have a response body in $c->res->body..

Cheers
t0m