[Catalyst] Re: Production session issue - commercial supportinquiry?

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Fri Jan 9 07:12:11 GMT 2009

* Matt Pitts <mpitts at a3its.com> [2009-01-09 05:05]:
> Although I hate the idea of working around the problem rather
> than solving it, if switching over to this eliminated the
> problem it certainly would narrow the search field.

Yes, it would be nice in general if the session bug could be
found. But for you, swapping P::Session for P::AuthenCookie is
more like removing a workaround, IMO. You drastically reduce the
code that is involved (incl. getting rid of the need for a
server-side backing store with its attendant issues), and if you
do still have crosstalk issues afterwards, you can be certain the
problem is in your code. Pure win as far as I’m concerned.

> I'll look into this more and see how difficult it would be to
> do this across the app.

The only thing that tripped me up at first, having previously
used session modules, was that the un-/set methods operate on
the response cookie while the value method reads from the request
cookie. I was confused about why I was still seeting the old
value after setting a different one. Now I use `begin` and `end`
in the root controller to go from cookie to stash and back again.
The actions that perform real work only ever deal with the stash.

Regards,