[Catalyst] Problems with session under IIS

Stuart Watt swatt at infobal.com
Mon Jan 12 14:28:51 GMT 2009

It's probably not entirely helpful, but once I eventually managed to get
IIS working, Catalyst's session management seemed to work just fine. I'm
using Perl 5.10 (self-compiled, MingW) and Catalyst 5.7. Once I had
struggled through all the permissions issues, which for IIS are many and
painful to debug, it all worked. I'm using the ::Session::Store::File,
which given that I only occasionally need session data, has been fine.

One major difference: I used FastCGI rather than CGI, and CGI with IIS
does do all sorts of funny header stuff. For example, the following bug
might break session handling. Under IIS CGI, there's some strange "NPH"
(non-parsed headers) modes that do affect behaviour.

Which version of IIS are you using?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q176113

All the best
Stuart