[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::Session - please help test new release.

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Jan 13 01:34:11 GMT 2009

On 12 Jan 2009, at 19:41, Bill Moseley wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 05:30:08AM +0000, Tomas Doran wrote:
>>
>> I'm reasonably sure that it's all working as expected, but I want
>> to get
>> as much testing as possible before pushing up a release which will
>> install by default for people to reduce the possibility of it causing
>> issues for anybody.
>
> Might consider creating a md5 signature when calling
> initialize_session_data.  We use that to prevent writing to the
> session store when not needed (i.e. empty sessions).

That would be an additional feature, right?

I'm all for this (patches welcome, feel free to have a commit bit and
a branch etc), but I'm afraid the only job _I'm_ currently
volunteering for is the yak-shaving exercise of making releases,
asking people to test them out, and doing some smoke testing.

Cheers
t0m