[Catalyst] subclassing Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu

Markus Holzer markus.holzer at dmk-internet.com
Fri Jan 16 17:18:43 GMT 2009

Hi.

I have created a subclass Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu because I want to
override the load_form() method. I *think* I have done it right, but it
doesn't work. The load_form method is never called, but FormFu still works.

What am I doing wrong?

Code:

package Superclix::FormFuController;

use strict;
use warnings;

use parent 'Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu';

sub load_form
{
    die ("subclassed!");
    # more code
}

1;

It is used as follows:

package Superclix::Controller::Partnerprogramm;

use warnings;
use strict;

use parent qw(Superclix::FormFuController Superclix::SecureBaseController);

sub neu : Local :FormConfig {
    my ($self, $c) = @_;
    # more code
}