[Catalyst] how to confirm before deleteing

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Wed Jan 21 14:50:22 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 06:19:06AM -0800, Paul Falbe wrote:

> That works thank you very much.  Don't know how many google searchs I did
> trying to find that out!

Yes, but if the user has JS disabled, you have a problem.

What I typically do is have two separate actions, a "delete"
and a "do_delete". The "delete" action merely displays the
record and has a form (link, whatever) asking "Are you sure?",
and then if they agree, you perform the "do_delete" that does
the business.

You could also have a single delete action but with a
"confirm" parameter signalling that you're really deleting,
etc. There are lots of options.

You can pair this with JS if you want.

Best,

Jesse Sheidlower