[Catalyst] how to confirm before deleteing

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu Jan 22 06:05:20 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 05:23:12AM -0800, Paul Falbe wrote:

> I writting my first little Catalyst app and need todo a delete function.  I
> have a link for users to delete a row in a sqlite table.  My question is
> what is the prefered rocess for asking "You selected delete.  Do you really
> want todo this?".

This thread has been beat to death, but one other point:  What do
*you* think the vast majority of times you click "Delete" and are then
asked "Do you really want to delete?"   Of course I want to delete it,
that's why I clicked that big fat delete button.

The javascript confirmation is easy, and I do it all the time, but
when not so lazy and the action lends itself I provide an undelete
option afterwards for those rare "oops" times.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org
Sent from my iMutt