[Catalyst] Port on c.req.base behind a caching program

Terence Monteiro terence at deeproot.co.in
Thu Jan 22 11:21:12 GMT 2009

I'm running a Catalyst application on port x behind varnish on 80 for
caching. Whenever I call c.req.base or c.uri_for, I get the backend
server port as a result. I tried setting the using_frontend_proxy option
in my config, but still I get the backend port.

I searched the mailing list and found and old thread from 2005,

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/catalyst/users/1595?search_string=req%20base;#1595

but can anyone tell me what is the currently the best approach to be
used? My apache version is 2.2.8-1ubuntu0.3, mod_perl version is
2.0.3-2ubuntu2.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Terence Monteiro.

DeepRoot Linux,
http://www.deeproot.in
Ph: +91 (80) 4089 0000
Getting GNU/Linux to work for you. Faster. Better. Today. Every way