[Catalyst] Re: OT: Better TT pager?

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Fri Jan 23 15:00:58 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 03:48:58PM +0000, Oliver Charles wrote:
> I might as well join in with this :) Here's what we use at work:

[...]

> Though my colleague rightly suggested we subclass Data::Page and
> perform the sliding window in there. This shows first page, previous
> page, the current page surrounded by near-by pages. Seems to do the
> job so far!

I like this quite a bit, more than some of the other solutions
which I tried, and think I'll use this.

One question, from an arithmetically-challenged one: How would
I modify this to allow the user to skip by, say, tens? If you
have a search with 1000 pages, you can only go to the
beginning or end, but getting to the middle would be
unbearably tedious (it would be only slight less tedious
having to do it be tens, but still better).

Jesse Sheidlower