[Catalyst] Test::WWW:Mechanize::Catalyst

kirk beers kgbjed at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 13:49:30 GMT 2009

Hi folks,

I am fairly new to Catalyst and Perl (conformed Java programmer), I was
wondering if anyone could help me with and issue with *
WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst::Test*

specifically :
*$mech->content_contains($str,[,$desc]);  *

I have added a wrapper.tt and  set it in my view/HTML.pm. This wrapper
contains access to my common files .css and images with the following tag [%
content %]. Next I have a message.tt which is accessed from my controller
subroutines by:

$c->stash->{message} =3D 'Something went wrong!';
$c->stash->{template} =3D 'message.tt';

When I use the *$mech->content_contains('There was missing info or the
passwords did not match!','Test for missing username to add user');

*I get the following error stating it can't* *find the message text.*

not ok 12 - Test for missing username to add user

#   Failed test 'Test for missing username to add user'
#   at t/controller_Admin-User.t line 25.
#     searched: "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Stric"...
#   can't find: "There was missing info or the passwords did not ma"...
1..12
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 12.

*Thanks in advance for any help you might provide!*

*Kirk*

  *