[Catalyst] Re: [RHTMLO] RFC: Catalyst::Controller::RHTMLO

Jason Gottshall jgottshall at capwiz.com
Mon Jan 26 19:26:40 GMT 2009

John Siracusa wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Jason Gottshall <jgottshall at capwiz.com> wrote:
>> Caching sounds wise. The only kink I see is that my controller allows for
>> multiple instances of the same form.
>
> The "same form" meaning what?  If you store forms keyed by an
> arbitrary name string, you can have as many forms as you want so long
> as the names are unique.

My implementation is designed to instantiate subclasses of
Rose::HTML::Form based on the class name, which would likely also be the
cache key, hence the difficulty in having multiple instances of the same
form.

Honestly, the only use case I can actually envision for having the same
form on a page more than once is maybe displaying a simple search form
both above and below a set of results, and even then you wouldn't
actually need two instances of the class, you'd just need to render the
same object twice. Unless anyone can see a use case I'm missing, I think
the point is moot, and I will just remove that whole "same form twice"
concept from the module and be done with it.

--
Jason Gottshall
jgottshall at capwiz.com