[Catalyst] generic way of "session has expired" message?

Jens Schwarz blacky6767 at gmx.de
Thu Jan 29 06:05:07 GMT 2009

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:39:39 -0800
> Von: Byron Young <Byron.Young at riverbed.com>
> An: "catalyst at lists.scsys.co.uk" <catalyst at lists.scsys.co.uk>
> Betreff: RE: [Catalyst] generic way of "session has expired" message?
>
> Hi Jens
>
> I haven't used it myself, but check out $c->session_delete_reason() in the
> Catalyst::Plugin::Session docs.

Hi Brian,

yes, I tried that already - this was my first guess, too. But actually I don't know _where_ to put this statement (and _where_/_when_ to use $c->delete_reason("expired"). If I write something like

if ($c->session_expires == 0) {
$c->delete_reason("expired");
}

$c->session_delete_reason() is empty as soon as the session expires, because delete_reason is zapped with the session.

Jens