[Catalyst] Re: Warnings when upgrading Catalyst

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu Jul 2 09:22:25 GMT 2009

George Nistorica wrote:
> I've checked it out and indeed using the version of Controller::REST you
> provided fixes the warning.
>
> Not only that, but it seems it doesn't break the functionality for both
> the test application I provided and another more complex one I'm using.

Great, thanks for testing.

I'll see if I can make the code any less gross and/or come up with a
neater way of doing it, then get it integrated and shipped.

>> I guess I should also go fix the warning in Catalyst, and get the stats
>> to display properly without this patch - but that is at best papering
>> over the cracks :)
>
> :)
>
>> From your original mail, you said:
>>> that worked for me, and now the debug output shows the profiling for the
>>> methods I ->forward() to as well:
>>>
>>> the methods from another Controller to which I forward to, where missing
>>> from the profiling output, getting that warning instead.
>> I can't see any methods missing from the stats table with / without this
>> patch when using your supplied testapp however.
>
> Indeed, the test application provided didn't show the behaviour I was
> talking about. my bad :)

heh, no worries.

>> Can you retry with the latest version of Catalyst so see if you can
>> replicate this behavior once again, before we kill the warning and
>> forget about this?
>
> this replicates with Catalyst: 5.80005 Catalyst 5.80007
> without the REST patch
> the REST patch fixes the warning with both versions of Catalyst

> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/Catalyst.pm line 1573.

Nono - I was _specifically_ talking about the lines missing from the
stats table behavior.

I'm still concerned about working out the root cause of that, before I
do something to 'just shut the warning up', as it were :)

Cheers
t0m