[Catalyst] how to implement Transactions (over different db tables) in a Catalyst project

kakimoto at tpg.com.au kakimoto at tpg.com.au
Mon Jul 6 22:36:59 GMT 2009

> Did you look what the code does?

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/RIBASUSHI/DBIx-Class-0.08107/lib/DBIx/Class/Storage.pm
> and

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/RIBASUSHI/DBIx-Class-0.08107/t/81transactions.t

If the API doc is written well, I suppose one doens't need to look at
the source code (unless forced to).
I must admit that I didn't fallback to looking at the regression test. I
will do so next time:)

> See sub txn_do. It begins a transaction, runs your coderef inside an
>
> eval, rolls back the transaction if the eval raises an exception.

Yes I did but at that point in time, the documentation on txn_do wasn't
that clear. I think someone must have updated it since this question was
raised.

> However, this is NOT a Catalyst question. Please subscribe to the
> DBIx::Class users list at:
>
> questions there. Many of the subscribers are the same, but many
> Catalyst users don't use DBIx::Class, and many knowledgeable DBIC
> users are not subscribed here. It's just good hygiene to ask the
> questions in the appropriate places.

there's somethign wrong with the mailing list for Dbix::Class as I have
not been able to get replies /mails.
I have contacted the admin in the past and never got any reply. I will
retry.
Nevertheless, given that Dbix::Class is of the choice for catalyst, I
figured the grey area here may see my questions lucky enough to have
some replies from the many who use Dbix::Class for their Catalyst apps.