[Catalyst] PLEASE HELP - Action attribute documentation confusing (Was: default : Local v. default : Path)

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Jul 7 09:24:45 GMT 2009

Paul Makepeace wrote:
> FWIW, IMO,
> http://search.cpan.org/~hkclark/Catalyst-Manual-5.8000/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Intro.pod#Built-in_special_actions
> is a slightly odd place to be documenting in reference style the
> actions. Is there another place? This is one of those things I keep
> expecting has a home and then eventually finding back in the Manual's intro.

This also just came up in irc:

10:10 < Altreus> how about Catalyst::Manual::Actions, which exists
10:11 < Altreus> or at least a link from there to that so people who
click on that looking for action types get a link

10:12 < Veep> tom: hmm. I just went through this... let me see... it
felt like the tutorial started very basic and clear, and then these
weird :Blah things starting showing up. Explaining each one as it shows
               up there might help.

So it's obviously not well enough documented/explain and confusing in
both the regular Catalyst docs and the tutorial.

Does someone want to step up and get this sorted out? Newcomers
preferred - you'll be better at working out what isn't covered, as you
don't know it back to front.

Cheers
t0m