[Catalyst] Catalyst crashing hard with UTF-8 string

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Jul 8 16:40:31 GMT 2009

Paul Makepeace wrote:
> Something's definitely changed wrt to UTF-8 behavior since we did our
> big upgrade from Catalyst 5.7. Are there any 'known gotchas' I could
> check?
>
> At this point my debugging fu runs out--help appreciated on where to look next.

No gotchas that I can think of.

Are you sure this is a Catalyst issue, and not caused by a recent TT
upgrade?

You know it's dieing inside TT, right? So you can Data::Dumper the input
which causes it to die to a file, write a program that instantiates
should crap out in the same way?

Sound sane? And should give you something self contained which you can
test with different TT versions easily..

Cheers
t0m