[Catalyst] How to do pass-through login?

Gunnar Strand gunnarstrand at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 10 20:09:33 GMT 2009

Thanks to all who answered my post regarding pass-through login! It put
me on the right track and it works like a charm now.

In my solution I have an action, Catalyst::Action::Restricted, which I
put on the subroutines which require a logged-in user
(:ActionClass('Restricted')). If no user is logged in, then the request
state is saved and the user forwarded to the login page.

I think it would be helpful to the next guy to improve the Cookbook with
a more elaborate example on how to implement this. The current paragraph
is a little thin, IMHO.

KR,
Gunnar