[Catalyst] New Apress book shipping now from Amazon.com

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Sat Jul 11 21:02:24 GMT 2009

Ari Constancio wrote:
> For those interested, Amazon.com is shipping now pre-orders for "The
> Definitive Guide to Catalyst". Not sure about new orders, though.

I've had a different experience so far.  I pre-ordered the book on amazon.ca
back on June 19th, and it estimated it would ship July 10, the release date.
Then today I got a message from Amazon saying it had been delayed, and now they
say, I kid you not:

   Estimated ship date: August 05 2009 - October 21 2009

Now that's probably a glitch, which will be corrected shortly with a new
estimate, and usually my experience with Amazon is they ship things ahead of
their estimates.  But as a hedge I went and placed a separate amazon.com order
now, which it estimates to ship on July 17th.  The idea that when one ships I'll
cancel the other one (or end up with 2 copies if they ship simultaneously).  So
we'll see what I get first.

-- Darren Duncan