[Catalyst] more description for FAST CGI deployment in catalyst cookbook?

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 12:12:58 GMT 2009

On 15/07/2009, at 9:45 PM, kakimoto at tpg.com.au wrote:

> hi guys
>
> i am trying to figure out how to bring my app for production.
>
> Looked at
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Manual/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Cookbook.pod#FastCGI_Deployment
> and i am just wondering if anyone can add more description for FAST
> CGI
> deployment in catalyst cookbook?
>
> For example, there's a bunch of configuration in step 2 of FAST CGI
> deployment (title of "2. Configure your application").
> The problem I am having here is that there is no mention of WHERE
> should
> the configuration should be put in.

You need to show us explicitly what you have tried so far for anyone
to be able to point out the error of your ways.

At the risk of seeming facetious, I suggest that you obtain the new
Catalyst book (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1430223650 disclaimer:
I am the primary author), read chapter 5 on deployment, and once you
understand that you can patch the documentation for the benefit of
others.  This is how I got started writing docs for Catalyst, because
I was frustrated that the instructions were not easy and obvious to
me, and I needed something I knew I could follow.  The book follows
the same principle, which is why about a third of it is written by
other people.  Firstly it means I can safely forget what I already
know and look it up instead, and secondly I can stand on the shoulders
of people who are taller than me :) and look up what they have to say
as well.

If you're close to Sydney,  Sydney.pm will be  having a book launch
(where there is a chance of winning a copy), probably on Tuesday the
28th of July.  I'll be sure to announce it on this list.