[Catalyst] default : Local v. default : Path

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Jul 15 21:39:00 GMT 2009

On 7 Jul 2009, at 08:15, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> My app recently started failing with default : Private. IIRC at YAPC10
> mst said this was a  relic of bygone Catalyst days.
>
> So what does "default : Path" actually _mean_? The docs say,

> "Path actions match things starting with a precise specified path, and
> nothing else." and "Empty Path definitions match on the namespace
> only, exactly like :Global."
>
> My reading of that is that :Path means *any* sub (not just default)
> would match /$controller - is that right?

Yes, sorry - I think I gave the wrong impression in the last mail
(i.e. I was full of crap).

'index' and 'default' are only special in the root namespace (and
this was the regression which was fixed recently, any attributed
method named 'index' started being used, despite other attributes...

Path with no arguments also behaves exactly as you suggest.

Cheers
t0m