[Catalyst] more description for FAST CGI deployment in catalyst cookbook?

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 00:56:32 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:39:08AM +1000, kakimoto at tpg.com.au wrote:
> > What OS/Distro are you using? Maybe someone else already has an
> > example/setup that you can peek at.
>
> Good morning, Chisel.
> Yep, I am using Ubuntu Hardy Heron :) That would be most helpful.
>  Thanks :)

In general you want to be placing your files into
/etc/apache2/sites-available and then:

  sudo a2ensite

For one of my fastcgi sites I have a file that looks like:

  <VirtualHost *:80>
  # usual server stuff for a virtualhost

  FastCgiServer /path/to/myapp/script/myapp_fastcgi.pl -processes 3 -initial-env CATALYST_DEBUG=1
  Alias /static   /path/to/myapp/root/static
  # run at the root
  Alias /    /path/to/myapp/script/cleavages_fastcgi.pl/

  # etc
  </VirtualHost>

You'll need either:

  sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reload
or
  sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

I also have some fastcgi docs for parley; I believe they still work:

  https://developer.berlios.de/docman/display_doc.php?docid=1838&group_id=5999#apache_fastcgi
  [ http://bit.ly/Parley_fastcgi ]

Hopefully that's enough to get you on your way.

Chiz
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

  Always move fast - you never know who's catching up!