[Catalyst] OpenID authentication and LWPx-ParanoidAgent

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Sat Jul 18 00:17:28 GMT 2009

Yep. Sorry. I am working on a new one. Just keep getting stuck trying
to update the tests to run correctly. I'll commit to getting a new
one out this weekend even if I have to TODO the live tests for now.

The real issue here though is that using LWP::UA instead of
ParanoidAgent is a security problem. Someone can point your openid
form at a tarpit "provider." So I would definitely *not* use this in
production without it but recent updates to LWP broke ParanoidAgent
which relies on some deprecated debug behavior.

Brad Fitzpatrick and friends have done a great job getting these
things together so I don't want to come off critical. The real answer
here is to get ParanoidAgent fixed. If anyone can look at it and send
a patch to that package, that would be the best thing. In the
meanwhile I'll adjust the credential to at least be installable
without failures.

-Ashley