[Catalyst] More up-to-date version of Perl 5.10 ...

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Mon Jul 20 20:25:04 GMT 2009

Kiffin Gish wrote:
> Installed Catalyst and at the end it said that because of a bug in Perl
> 5.10 I need to update to a newer version. Which version do you recommend
> that is the most stable for Catalyst?

The first Perl 5.10.1 release candidate is expected to be out in maybe a week or
so, and would presumably be the newest stable shortly after.

Meanwhile, there is a "maint-5.10 snapshot (aka 'RC0')" that came out on July 7
which is close to what 5.10.1RC1 would be but that it is *not* for production;
see http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2009/07/msg148270.html for
info and to get it; note that installing it in standard locations will blow away
a production 5.10.0 since it is still marked as 5.10.0.

Alternately, go older and try 5.8.9 or 5.8.8 for the alternate most stable right
now.

-- Darren Duncan