[Catalyst] CatalystX::CRUD Storage Error

Amiri Barksdale amiribarksdale at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 01:46:41 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:33:38PM -0500, Peter Karman wrote:
| Also, your controller inherits from the base CatalystX::CRUD::Controller, which
| doesn't really *do* anything by default. I.e., you need a form handler to
| serialize and validate your model. Look at CatalystX::CRUD::Controller::RHTMLO
| for one example. Or consider writing a controller base class that adapts your
| favorite form handler (HTML::FormFu or Form::Processor or ...).

I am making quite a bit of headway with this, and I have chosen
HTML::FormHandler as...my form handler.

I am having some difficulty integrating the two, though. A controller
and a form that it uses look like this:

http://scsys.co.uk:8001/31717

When I start the server and try to look at ui/crud/creator/list, I get
this error:

Caught exception in ml2::Controller::UI::CRUD::Creator->auto "Attribute
(form) does not pass the type constraint because: Validation failed for
'ml2::Forms::CreatorForm' failed with value ml2=HASH(0xd27cf30) (not isa
ml2::Forms::CreatorForm) at
/home/amiri/mlrepo/lib/perl5/CatalystX/CRUD/Controller.pm line 110

Instead of C::X::CRUD loading the form, it is loading the whole
application class.

Is my controller still misconfigured?

Amiri