[Catalyst] New Apress book on Safari Books Online

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Tue Jul 28 20:01:49 GMT 2009

* On Fri, Jul 24 2009, Ali M. wrote:
> In that case can you post numbers, how many copies the book sold?
> This can be a good health check indication for how well the framework
> is perceived and how popular it it!
>
> Maybe JRockway can also tell us how many copies his book sold!

This data is generally not supposed to be disclosed.  But, I can say
with confidence that there are many thousands of Catalyst users -- way
more than you'd expect from reading the mailing list or irc channel.
(And the cat list / channel are among the busiest Perl forums.)

(Sales have not dropped off much, either.)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway