[Catalyst] Serving "static" content from DB

Ian Docherty catalyst at iandocherty.com
Sat Jun 6 11:41:35 GMT 2009

Mihai

Mihai Bazon wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm working on a simple CMS (actually started it for learning Catalyst,
> but the goal is to be able to maintain a few websites with it).  Each
> page is stored in DB and it can have file attachments, also stored in DB
> (content is BLOB).

I may get shot down in flames for this, but I would not personally put
page data or attachments into the DB in the first place. I would put the
page into the filesystem and use the DB to reference the file contents.
This would also satisfy your cache problems since you can retrieve the
static data directly from the filesystem.