[Catalyst] Session Store Difficulty

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sat Jun 6 15:26:05 GMT 2009

On 5 Jun 2009, at 16:44, Jon wrote:
> # perl funnelscope_server.pl
> Can't load '/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/
> Cache/FastMmap/CImpl/CImpl.bundle'
> for module Cache::FastMmap::CImpl:

Right, your 'Cache::FastMmap' module is buggered. Try re-installing
it, or use a different session store (I'd recommend memcache
personally).

> As you can guess, I'm running Mac OS X.  Here are my relevant
> versions,
>
> Admittedly, my Catalyst app is slightly out of the ordinary.  I am
> using 5.7 because I am using Class::DBI for my model.

How is that relevant?

Catalyst 5.80 is backwards compatible - unless you've got a bug you
haven't reported?

> I have also tried using Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::File and I
> get the following error upon startup,
>
> Undefined subroutine &Class::MOP::get_metaclass_by_name called at
> /Library/Perl/5.8.8/Any/Moose.pm line 61.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /Library/Perl/5.8.8/Data/Visitor/Callback.pm line 4.
> Compilation failed in require at
> /Library/Perl/5.8.8/Catalyst/Plugin/ConfigLoader.pm line 8.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /Library/Perl/5.8.8/Catalyst/Plugin/ConfigLoader.pm line 8.
> Compilation failed in require at /Library/Perl/5.8.8/Catalyst/
> Utils.pm line 274.
> Compilation failed in require at funnelscope_server.pl line 55.

This is to do with incompatibility between your version (new) of
Moose and the (old) version of Any::Moose which Data::Visitor is
happy with.

Install the new version of Catalyst::Plugin::Configloader, which will
requires new Data::Visitor, which in turn will pull in a fixed
version of Any::Moose.

Cheers
t0m