[Catalyst] Action attributes

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sat Jun 6 16:36:02 GMT 2009

On 6 Jun 2009, at 04:35, Илья wrote:

> Hi there,
> we use Catalyst about year and one thing make a lot of pain. When you
> make typo in action attribute name Catalyst silently eat it. For
> example:

Unfortunately, this is fairly implicit in the design.

Things like Catalyst::Plugin::Server::XMLRPC use additional
attributes unknown to Catalyst, without requiring your controllers to
inherit from a base class defining a "_parse_${custom_attr_name}
_attr" method - and so this needs to be kept as-if for compatibility.

However, I'd certainly be fine with a patch to split this behavior
out of Catalyst::Controller::_parse_attrs, so that you could
trivially make a controller role or base class outside of Catalyst
core which was 'strict' about unknown attributes.

Cheers
t0m