[Catalyst] Lighttpd and mod_perlite

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Jun 8 18:57:09 GMT 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 09:19:32PM +0200, Kiffin Gish wrote:
> Just wondering what kind of experience folks in the catalyst community
> have had using lighttpd/mod_perlite as replacements for the more widely
> accepted apache/mod_perl stack. While apache might be better in being
> proven technology and mod_perl being better documented, I'm still
> looking for lightweight and scalable options.

Shadowcat's clients tend to end up on $webserver + FastCGI or $proxy + Prefork
depending on their requirements.

mod_perl is more 'legacy' than 'accepted' to people using practices from
this century.

--
        Matt S Trout         Catalyst and DBIx::Class consultancy with a clue
     Technical Director      and a commit bit: http://shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/