[Catalyst] 5.80005: $c->req->remote_user and apache: excluding actions from authentication

Francesc Romà i Frigolé francesc.roma+catalyst at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 17:45:49 GMT 2009

Hello,

This is more of an apache question than a Catalyst one, but I'd appreciate
some help.

I'm trying the new feature $c->req->remote_user introduced in 5.80005. I'd
like to know if it is possible to tell apache, in a .htaccess file, to not
ask authentication for a certain set of URIs (for example matching /public/)

I'm on a shared account in asmallorange.com ( apache 1.3.41). I'm using
fastcgi.

Regards,
Francesc