[Catalyst] catalyst.pl-generated installer installs MyApp/root in same dir as MyApp/lib/*?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Jun 9 17:57:19 GMT 2009

Robert Buels wrote:
> So, if I understand rightly, shouldn't the MyApp/root be going into
> blib/auto/MyApp/root instead of blib/MyApp/root ?

The simple answer you're looking for is 'hysterical raisins'.

I'm hoping that we'll move to using File::ShareDir for template for
installed applications as well as the (Catalyst::Helper) helper files at
some point in the future (Reaction is doing this already, I see no
reason not to pull it back into core at some point).

However most people don't actually install their applications (in a make
install type way), and so this isn't so much of an issue for them...

Cheers
t0m